Sunday, March 17, 2013

Phone snaps & daily musings

So it's already 2 and a half months into the year 2013, and more than halfway through the last semester of my University life! Can't believe that in about 3 months time I will be joining the corporate workforce! >.< (Well I actually hope that I will be joining the workforce and not pathetically unemployed by then :/)

Haven't been doing anything exciting lately, which explains the lack of posts. Basically been busy attending school, doing FYP, giving tuition and meeting up with friends here and there. Hence I decided to do a totally incoherent and random post with the pictures from my phone! Hah.


Had a sisters' day out with my sisters Randi and Nicole. Decided on Wild Honey for lunch. I've been there countless of times but they haven't. I think the standard there has dropped a lot! Won't be heading back any time soon. 


Finally tried Paris Baguette after seeing/hearing so many people take pictures/rave about the pudding. Wasn't too crazy over it! Too "jelat" for my liking, even coming from someone like me who loves anything uber sweet. The strawberry shortcake was okay, not memorable.


Drove down to Five & Dime after class one day in February to celebrate Denise's birthday. Was glad to be back there again for the Mentaiko pasta! Love anything mentaiko. 



Headed to her place afterwards to cut her giant red velvet cupcake cake from Swirls! Though it was pricey, it was soooo good.



Met up with Val and Shiyun in town for lunch and some shopping. Wanted Val to bring us to try the famous Shiok Maki at Koh Grill, located next to Wisma Atria foodcourt. It was soooo soooo good I'm not even exaggerating. I don't eat raw salmon or avocado, but the shiok maki definitely made me love the combination. We tried the prawn version which my companions didn't fancy as much as the first, but I would say both are a must-try!


Topshop was having a 20% promotion for F3 members that day, so I took the chance to snag a pair of heels. I had previously won two $50 giftcards from Bagaholic Boy and Cosmopolitian, but I gave one away to my sister. So with the discount plus gift card, I ended up with a pretty good deal! (:



Impromptu decision to head to Tanjong Katong for some lok lok! Love the prawn soup base.


A franchise of Artease just opened in my school, which is totally awesome. But I sent this photo to the boyfriend and told him this was bad news cos there goes my $$$! I have not much self-restraint when it comes to bbt. Imagine what will happen since I will walk past this area often! Have to remind myself that milk tea is really fattening! :/


Before CNY ended, we finally got together for some steamboat. Lost big $$$ that night gambling! D:

Did an event at the ArtScience Museum at MBS for the launch of the Blackberry Z10. Was a long day, but I was so glad to be able to work with Val! (:

Met up with my dearest Brin at Arteastiq at Mandarin Gallery for brunch, only because I was craving for their lychee tea! It is something I would randomly crave for. 


This sweetheart just came back from Tokyo and brought me some Japanese goodies. Believe it or not it's my first time trying Tokyo Banana and I love it to bits! Hope to try all the flavors one day.



Was trying to find a yellow dress for sometime and managed to get a lovely piece from The Velvet Dolls. But it has been sitting in my closet for months because I never found the occasion to wear it. One thing I don't like about it is that the skirt flies up easily when there is a gust of wind. Thank goodness for safety shorts! 


Was supposed to spend Valentine's day with my two lovelies, but it had to be postponed two weeks after. I'm glad we finally met up during Recess Week. Tried Alakaff Mansion for the first time. 









Although the food was good (specifically the truffle oil pasta) the price range would deter me from heading back anytime soon. I'll probably return to try their brunch on days that I'm feeling rich enough to splurge though. lol


We read reviews that the service at Alkaff Mansion was pretty bad. We went on a Tuesday so the place was pretty empty and they were overstaffed. So we practically had their full attention. They even gave us some complimentary starters (the prawn paste thingy in the glass). (:





It was still early when we finished dinner at Alkaff Mansion, so we drove down to P.S. Cafe for some truffle fries because none of us had tried it at P.S. Cafe before.  We wished the truffle taste were stronger though! But it does go well with the Parmesan cheese. Was planning for some Ben & Jerry's afterwards but we were too full by then.


Really love it when the three of us are together! :D


Headed to town last week with Shiyun to do some (window) shopping. Full OOTD from The Tinsel Rack! I'm on a mission to control my spending to save up for my USA Grad Trip. Already made a down payment for my domestic flights (I'm going to Miami baby!) and hotels, and three weeks worth of hotels really put a dent in my bank! 


However, Topshop was having a promotion (again!). I managed to redeem 500 F3 points for a $50 voucher and bought these pair of shorts at such a steal! It was love at second sight actually. Only loved it after I tried it on. Managed to lower the price paid by using my $10 Capitaland voucher courtesy of GushAd! (: .


I shall end this post with a picture of my hardworking FYP mates at 2am the day before. Can you imagine we actually sat at that table for almost 12 hours! FYP insanity. So glad that in 4 days, we will finally be free!

Have a good week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment