Sunday, November 18, 2012

FOX OUT X L'OREAL PROFESSIONAL


First post on this new space! I decided to move back to Blogger because Tumblr is not conducive for picture posts! Will still be using Tumblr though. (:


So anyway, back to the topic of this post. Recently I stumbled upon this online shop Fox-Out and was enticed to browse through their website which had a really neat layout and big pictures (major plus point for me)! A couple of stuff caught my eye so I made my first purchase with them. What really gave me a lasting impression was the customer service! I was having problems while carting out my items so I dropped them an email. A few moments later, I received a call from Sarah, one of the owners of Fox-Out. She had called me to rectify my problem! I was surprised but really impressed with their dedication to their customers.



So basically, Fox Out ran a contest called "The Epic Fox Out & L'oreal Giveaway"! And the steps were pretty simple but the prizes were AWESOME. Compared to many many other blogshops collaborating with L'oreal Professional, Fox Out had the most generous prize - five full-size items in the Mythic Oil range worth $182!!! (I've only seen other blogshops giving the shampoo and conditioner only.) The prizes do not stop there. There was also a free makeover, photoshoot and apparels!!! So I knew I had to join in and try my luck.

*****

I was really ecstatic when it was announced that I was one of the five winners! And Charles (the other owner of Fox Out) gave me a call to set up a meeting with all the other winners. We received our first free apparel of our choice that day, as well as some L'oreal samples that customers would all receive if they bought anything from them. We were also the first few customers to receive their beautiful new paper bags :D 



For my first sponsored apparel, I chose this Noir Lace Dress still available here, because Andrea looked gorgeous in it in the October lookbook. The lace makes it sweet, but it's not too girly. It ended up being a little short on me so I have to wear a black bandage skirt underneath. It's more like a mini-dress. But I'm a sucker for anything lace/crochet!

******

Didn't do anything special to prepare for the photoshoot day. Maybe some mild dieting the week before! Lol. The first thing that struck me as I entered the studio was the strong popcorn smell!!! The Fox Out team had rented a popcorn machine that made actual popcorn (a friend saw the picture and asked if it was fake). Throughout the entire session we were all happily munched away on delicious popcorn.



Our prizes nicely displayed out! Along with personalized name tents. So effort! My hair was in dire need of saving and I was glad they provided us with a set of the L'oreal Professional Mythic Oil range of products for us to style our hair. The result was truly obvious with just one application of the Mythic Oil Nourishing Oil! Thanks to the oil, enriched with a avocado and grape seed blend, I could see that my fly-aways were instantly tamed and my hair had a healthier shine and was smooth to the touch. I couldn't stop touching my hair throughout the shoot lol. A friend actually complimented that my hair looked great when she saw my behind the scenes pictures. :D





New clothes that the Fox Out team exclusively sourced and brought in. Each person would model two outfits, and I was really please with mine! I would say it's totally my style. (:


Accessories for the photoshoot.

It's my turn to get my makeup done by a professional! (:




Beverly! Who is also my ex-JC classmate. It was a nice coincidence to have her be one of the 5 as well! Good to have a familiar face. But even without, all the girls were really friendly and we quickly clicked. (:


This is Sammie! Soon-to-be lawyer (: I think everyone kept teasing her about it. 


This is Charles the one half brain (and muscle) behind Fox Out! He looks like he is stealing popcorn, but he was actually doing a good job refilling it. 


Fox Out's current model, Andrea! So so pretty in real life, and the way she models is really...effortless.



I had a shot together with her and I kept telling her, "Oh man I'm gonna look so bleah next to you." True story. ): But she was so so helpful with directing us clueless people and giving advice on how to pose. The last time I did a photoshoot was probably during pageant days in 2009, and modeling for my cousin's blogshop sometime ago. Rusty already...



Pretty Ariel who had the first "fun" shot! When the balloons and furry rug came out I was squealing inside like a crazy person. Furry stuff + (pink) balloons = my weakness.


Okay time for the popcorn machine and a group shot!


Haha I look like I'm in love with the popcorn machine.


Nom nom.


Popcorn fight!!!!!!


And Andrea, being the professional that she was, saw a photo opportunity and quickly plonked herself in the middle of the popcorn mess. It ended up as a really good shot!!!



The un-fun part of any food fight - the cleaning up ):


My favorite balloon shot!


The last shot was so fun! There was a confetti gun and it was practically raining confetti!!! 


Had another shot with Charles were he was smiling but I think this picture kinda sums up the REAL Charles! Forever cracking up jokes and making us laugh. The Fox Out owners also catered food for us for dinner. The food was so yummy I couldn't resist bringing home a packet of it!  During one shot it was supposedly my turn to shoot but I was busy peeling and eating the prawns and chocolate eclairs. Hehe gutton is me.:p


What I brought home that night! Love this range so much, can't wait to start using it!!! Thank you L'oreal Professional and Fox Out!


For my second sponsored apparel, I chose the Shatter Peplum Top still available here. Although it's quite common to see peplum tops everywhere, and though I told myself I'm not going to buy more than 1 (I have like maybe more than 3 now -_-") I knew I had to choose this because it had a more unique cutting with the V-neck and my friend also mentioned that the print was rather Motel-ish. Happy with my choice (:



I didn't post all the pictures but for more do head over to the lookbook here.












Thank you once again Sarah, Charles, the rest of the Fox Out team, L'oreal Professional and everyone who made this possible. I had a blast!!! Will definitely remember this for a long time to come. Wish I could relive it again! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment