Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Table Manners


My favorite month of the year would probably be December because it's generally a month of merry-making. The downside will be that many of my friends are on their overseas holiday trips, so it's so hard to meet up with people. I myself am also heading to the USA in 4 days for two weeks! (Can't wait!) 

So I truly appreciate the opportunities I get to meet up with my favorite people, and that day after TWG with Nicole, I met up with Janice and Sylvianne for dinner at Table Manners. This quaint restaurant is located at a corner of the new Changi City Point (Expo MRT), which in my opinion isn't a very fantastic mall, but provides adequate food choices for office workers working nearby and supermarkets for people living in the Simei/Changi area.



We chose to be seated indoors, and managed to get a cosy corner for ourselves. Being not very hungry, we decided to share two main courses and two sides among three persons. I think there was a happy hour promotion and the sides were discounted.



Mushroom Risotto Balls - The name itself is rather interesting! Risotto is a type of creamy rice dish and for me this was a different way to eat Risotto. We felt that it tasted more like glutinous rice balls, and the mushroom bits inside were rather small. I wouldn't order this again if I went back, but only because I'm not a fan of rice.


Truffle Fried Chicken Bites - These were my favorite of all the items we ordered. I'm a sucker for salty food (unhealthy I know) and an even bigger sucker for anything that is truffle oil-infused. So I would definitely order them again if I went back. Jan and Syl felt it was too salty, and I would agree, but I love it anyway.



Mary's Little Lamb - The meat was tender and fell off the bone easily. The sauce was pretty complementing as well, and together with the creamy mash potato. Overall, I think this dish is worth ordering, 


Grilled Salmon with Miso Paste - I personally love cooked salmon, but this dish was a let down for me, mainly because the miso paste on top of it was really beyond my salty threshold. Out of everything, we had the hardest time finishing this. It was supposed to come with mash potato, but we changed the side to truffle fries, which was really the saving point of this dish! One of the best truffle fries I've tried.


I think it's worth it to make a second trip back because I would wanna try the other dishes. Price-wise, it was rather reasonable but not super cheap. Overall it was a rather pleasant experience (:

Table Manners
#01-68/69 Changi City Point
5 Changi Business Park Central 1
Tel: +65 6604 7669
Daily: 11am to 12am

No comments:

Post a Comment