Friday, February 15, 2013

USA Trip Day 11 & 12: Final days in New York City + Mini Makeup Review

Phew! I'm finally down to the last post on my USA trip. It's about time! It's already mid-February. lol

DAY 11: Woodbury Premium Outlets

So the second last day was 26th December, which meant that it was a good day to shop cos the boxing day / post-xmas sales were taking place! Best day to go to the outlets. How can anyone resist further discounts on already discounted stuff! Haha. 

I think I could. Cos I left Woodbury with only...THREE items. Yeap, worse shopper in the world award goes to me. Well, as a consolation, I bought three relatively expensive things! T.T


We reached around 10am and my family split up to shop, so I was alone! But that's pretty okay, cos I can cover more when I'm alone. The first shop I went to was Tory Burch! According to my friends, things run out pretty quickly at Tory Burch so it's best to make it your first stop. I was considerably early but check out the long snaking queue! It took about half hour to 40 minutes of waiting in the blistering cold! My mum was super lucky cos she saw me and managed to cut in just as I was nearing the front. :/

No pictures inside cos we were busy shopping haha. Took damn long inside deciding what to get, but there were many last-piece items. Was love at first sight for this particular cobalt blue bag for me, but another shopper beat me to it and it was the last piece!!! I practically imagined myself snatching it from her arms like a crazy person. Lol. But in the end I settled for something similar but not as pretty, but still pretty, if not I would have not bought it!


Here's a picture of the bag I bought in the end! I have a weakness for cross-body bags recently :D Retail price is about $430 USD, but I got it at half the price! (: This was pretty worth the price cos Tory Burch was having a rare 25% discount on purchases above $300 USD. Since my mum was buying two bags for herself, our total bill was eligible for the discount! (: Was also damn tempted to get these in fire engine red:


SO PRETTY RIGHT!!!!! Couldn't find a picture of the red ones so this brown pair off the internet will have to do. With the 25% discount these were $100 USD ($122 SGD). Normal retail price is about $230 USD plus. But I didn't get it in the end. Felt damn heart-pain to spend so much on a pair of sandals. A pair of heels might still justifiable. But a pair of sandals doesn't have as much "material" as a pair of heels to justify the price in my opinion. I kinda regret not getting it. Cos when I go back in May there probably won't be such a good discount anymore. Oh well! 

Okay so anyway after spending 265654 years inside Tory Burch and finally making payment, we came out of the shop to find my very bored-looking dad. (He refused to enter the shop with us) And then we went our separate ways, because I met up with....


my favorite boy!!! <3


And as you can tell from the previous picture it started snowing!!! Pros: the queues in front of the stores started disappearing, cos everyone started heading home. Cons: snow is super messy!!! Your paper bags, coat, shoes get wet! And the snow seemed to come from all directions so even though I had an umbrella it didn't help at all.



Within an hour snow practically covered the entire ground.


So like I mentioned earlier, I left Woodbury that day with only three items - a Tory Burch bag, a Kate Spade bag and a MBMJ watch. Ironically, I spent more at Woodbury than I did in Orlando although I bought less stuff!

DAY 12: Final day in New York City!

So our final day was free and easy, but we only had about half a day before we catch our flight back home. My family wanted to cover some locations that we didn't managed to previously so we explored the city by foot!


First location, can you guess?



Grand Central Terminal!


Spot the two crazy persons. Hah



Grand Central Terminal is the busiest train station in the USA! And the architecture is really classic and beautiful (:




We went off in search of the Whispering Wall! Apparently, if you go to a corner where two pillars meet and whisper something, the person standing on the diagonal corner can hear what you're saying! So we tried and tested it and we concluded that it really works!!! Spent some time entertaining ourselves with it lol.





My fav building was Cartier! Love how the red stands out from the rest of the grey buildings on the street. 



Our next destination was Abercrombie and Fitch as we wanted to buy some clothes. But we didn't find what we were looking for in the end. ): My sisters fulfilled what they wanted to do though, and that was to take this picture! Haha.


They wanted to mimic Joel's pose. LOL! (He had taken this picture a few days earlier)


Stopped to grab some Godiva Shakes! It was only in USA that I learnt the proper pronunciation of the word Godiva! :/


And back to the Rockefeller Center, cos my siblings wanted to buy Community souvenirs! The NBC souvenir shop was closed on the day we visited Rockefeller, as it was Xmas day.



 I don't watch the show Community or any other NBC so I didn't buy anything!




Hurriedly made our way back to Times Square just as our rendevous time with the tour guide was nearing! Rushed to spend the remaining of my money in Sephora. :D
 Makeup is really cheaper in USA than in Singapore. Plan to spam more when I go back in May! Didn't manage to buy much but here is my humble makeup haul!!! "Branded" makeup no matter how cheap is still not very cheap!  (I'll do a proper review another day.)

So that's all for my USA trip. (:  Such a wonderful two weeks! And I really can't wait to head back there again. Only 3 more months!!! But that really just reminds me how close my final exams are. T.T




No comments:

Post a Comment