Sunday, June 30, 2013

USA Grad Trip 2013: Universal's Islands of Adventure

So, it's my second time going to Islands of Adventure within six months. I know right! Of all the 23623 theme parks in Orlando, I have to be boring and go back to the same ones. BUT, it's because they are the best. Anyway, our initial plans were to go to Seaworld. Cos we wanted to see the aquatic animals, plus this desire got even stronger after seeing whales in real life. Too bad the Universal Studio tickets were pre-booked (you can get them cheaper in advance on the official website). And honestly, I didn't mind going back there again, but looking back I wish we had more days in Orlando to cover more new theme parks like Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Seaworld and the other Universals Studios. (This means we should go back to Florida sometime teehee.)

Day 13: Universal's Islands of Adventure, Orlando, Florida


More pictures, less talk! I don't want to bore anyone. My post on my December visit is here.


First ride of the day, The Incredible Hulk coaster.


Mi-mi-yan (small eyes) hehe so cute. I know he'll hate for me to post this but I wanna show the Hulk backdrop behind.




After taking this picture, Joel was like, "Now I can tell people that I'm taller than Wolverine!" Lol.



The Forbidden Journey ride at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Check out my Gryffindor teeshirt! It's inspired by Harry Potter's Quidditch jersey and so it has the name "POTTER" at the back and his number 7 on the front. Love it (: Number 7 is also my second favorite number, the first being 3 (:


Hogwarts Castle. The blue sky makes everything look 10x better.


Hogsmeade. The weather was like Singapore's, minus the humidity. So much more different than when I was there in December! Somehow the colder weather makes the whole backdrop (snow on rooftops) look more realistic. So this time it wasn't as magical! :/



Three broomsticks for lunch! He had the ribs + chicken while I had the turkey leg. The turkey leg had SOOOO much meat I was really struggling to finish it. But it was yummy though. Not forgetting a cup of butterbeer each. (:






Check out his makeshift "wand" - which is actually a straw! LOL


Dragon Challenge - roller coasters similar to USS's Battlestar Galatica.








Decided to take a walking tour around the Hogwarts Castle. In the portrait room, the portraits actually talk and move. Kinda creepy cos they seem to stare straight into your eyes like as if they really see you there.....:/



Professor Dumbledore's office.


The singing Fat Lady.



Another cup of Butterbeer! This time I tried the ice-blended one. Still can't decide which one I prefer. Both are equally yummy! (:


Really fortunate to come back to one of my favorite places twice in a short span of time. However, I'm looking forward to visiting the Harry Potter studios in London! No plans yet but I hope it will materialize in 2014 (:





Joel enjoyed this special effects show...








We didn't sit this ride but we had a good time watching people get surprised by a jet of water being sprayed on them. lol




Hey honey we found our car lol



At about 7 plus we exited the park and headed over to the Universal Studios globe to snap some pictures.



This is the entrance to the other Universal park - Universal Studios Florida! It features rides like Revenge of the Mummy, Transformers, and Shrek 4D, which can be found in Singapore. So it wasn't one of our top choices to visit.



Grabbed a quick dinner at Panda Express. The portion of rice + 3 dishes is so huge that we had to share. Plus a long stay in USA really makes you pack on the pounds ): So sharing was a way of not over-eating!

Day 14: Orlando Premium Outlets

Today is the day we were leaving Florida ): As the last few days were filled with theme park visits, it was time to shop! Had to return the car at the rental place in the evening, and had to catch a night flight. So after checking out of the hotel, it was shopping time!


I think we were more experienced shoppers by then, managed to cover 2 outlet malls in half a day! We went to the outlet malls at International Drive and Vineland Ave. From what I know, only Orlando had the Victoria Secrets outlet store out of all the states I went, so I definitely went crazy buying underwear for myself and friends (: They were all so pretty!

Didn't include much captions for this post, but the next would be better cos I'm covering New York City! And a little on New Jersey. Gonna head to dinner now with Joel. Really gotta treasure days with him cos he is starting his professional attachment tomorrow. Means I'll see less of him ): But this also means I really have to find a job soon. Some one please hire me! ):




No comments:

Post a Comment