Saturday, June 22, 2013

Project: Table Clean Up!

I can almost hear a collective exclamation of joy from all across the sunny island! After probably a week we  finally see blue skies as the haze begins to clear up (but I heard it will be back? Boo.).

For the past few days the view from my living room has been:


 But today it's: 


Hope it stays this way as long as possible!

Anyway, I'm taking a break from blogging about the Grad Trip (only less than halfway so far!) and doing up a short post about the day I cleaned up my table! Doesn't sound very interesting, but I just wanted to recommend a solution for girls with too much makeup lying around.

Before:


Super duper (organised) mess. Don't judge! We have our lazy days. It's just that mine is everyday. haha. My daily face regime creams are all scattered everywhere. Makeup brushes and makeup also!!! :/

(Anyway, just to sidetrack. Look at the tree seen outside the window. I never knew it would bloom yellow flowers! Feel happy just looking at the cheery colors.)



False eyelashes and extra makeup I don't really use often all chucked into my Juicy Couture box.


By the side of the table - more creams and makeup. Through the mirror you can see my sister's messy side of the room. 

So one day I looked at the mess and decided that I had enough of it! Also, I realized that I had a lot of makeup that were under-utilized but I had to throw them out cos they were probably expired. The practice of chucking makeup in boxes led to me forgetting about them well cos....out of sight, out of mind right? Yeah, I'm super forgetful.

Thus I went down to Muji and bought this! Thanks to the recommendation of my friends on Facebook.


Muji transparent set of 5 drawers $39

It's perfect for me, cos I have loads of makeup. And the fact that it's transparent would mean that I would actually be able to see all my makeup and minimize the under utilization.

After: 


Pardon the ugly curtains. I think my maid hung up my brother's curtains in my room. :/


Drawers filled! I had fun sorting out my makeup (: But also threw away a lot of the older ones cos I didn't wanna become a hoarder! Plus I didn't think I'd dare put old makeup on my skin lest it breaks out! 


Starting from the bottom drawer: Eyeshadows
I am a huge fan of Urban Decay, cos I love how their shadows are so pigmented, even the light colors. The white tube is the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer. After discovering primer, I cannot go without it when putting eyeshadow on!


My other favorites would be the Maybelline eyeshadows.


Next drawer: Face & Concealers
Laura Mercier primer and tinted moisturizer, Clinique foundation, concealers, MAC studio fix (which I recently started using and really love) and some remaining eyeshadow pots from inuovi at the top left hand corner.


Next drawer: Cheek and Color
My favorite NARS (why u so expensive!) and MAC blushers. The Bobbi Brown and Clinique ones are lip gloss palettes.


Lip & Eye
On the left side are my gloss tubes, lipsticks and lip pencils. On the right are the mascaras.


Eyes and Brushes
Towards the bottom of the picture I have my eyeliners and towards the top are my brushes. My other collection of Sigma brushes are kept in their case somewhere else. So these are the brushes I use the most.

Hopefully my table can stay neat for as long as possible (highly unlikely) but oh well, at least my makeup if organised (:

 Anywho, I will be heading to Cameron Highlands tomorrow for a random trip with the bf and family for 4 days (cos the drive there itself is 8 hours one-way). Good time to escape the haze as well as the hot weather! No wifi so I won't be able to blog! Till the next time. x

No comments:

Post a Comment