Thursday, November 29, 2012

Nicole's Surprise Sweet Sixteen

I must have been crazy, because in the midst of studying for my exams, I decided to plan a surprise party for my sister Nicole who was turning 16. I'm the sort of person who likes to plan events or parties, so though the timing was so inconvenient, I still went ahead with it. Mostly also because I knew she worked her butt off, being promoted up to the Express stream from the Normal stream, and even made it to the top few in her Express class for her exam results. She truly deserved it!

I decided to just gather a bunch of her closer friends from school and church, to avoid throwing a big party and over-inviting, which may lead to the surprise being exposed by some ignorant person! The turnout was better than I expected. We catered food for 25 people but close to 30 showed up.

While I was at the venue with the guests waiting for Nicole to arrive, she was made to believe that we were having a family celebration at Dempsey, but my dad had to make a detour to pick up some stuff that needed the help of all my siblings to carry. Reluctantly, she obliged, but feeling frustrated because she thought we would be late to make the reservation timing (fake reservation which she assumed I made on her behalf). But boy, when she entered the function room at our venue she was so shocked to see so many smiling faces singing her a birthday song. Success!!



The guests that arrived early! They busied themselves with decorations and well-wishes on birthday cards.




I love the MLP/Sweet Sixteen/purple balloons I picked out in the afternoon. Had a morning paper and rushed to Raffles City to pick up balloons and the cake. And having only slept 4 hours the night before, I was a zombie by the time the party started.

My outfit that day:
Lilac Lace Top / Megagamie
Waisted Tweed Skirt / The Scarlet Room


But it was all worth it! Just to see a smile on my sister's face (:
I thank the heavens that she had bought a pretty Hollyhoque dress a few days before, and chosen to dress up cos of that. If not she may have worn something too causal!


Family <3
The theme was purple by the way, though only I bothered to wear purple!


Happy Sweet 16 Nic! Hope you felt the love. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment