Sunday, January 27, 2013

USA Trip Day 6: Epcot Center

Orlando, Florida is probably one of my favorite cities in the USA because it's the home of 6 Walt Disney themeparks, and altogether there are about 6 more other theme parks. Too bad we only visited 3!

The first theme park was Walt Disney's Epcot Center. I would think that we started with a really chill theme park. There weren't many exciting rides because it was more of an educational type of theme park. The highlight would probably be the international pavilions. More on that later!



Met Chip and Dale almost as soon as we entered!








The good thing about being on tour is that if you get a proactive tour guide, you'd probably get to complete most of the "must-sit" rides before lunch. Our tour guide brought us to all the rides and advised us on which were those not worth queuing, or which rides would have shorter queues at a certain timing. While we were sitting a particular ride, she would also run to get us Fastpasses for another ride. Meaning that we get to skip the long queues!

So the main part of the park was the international pavilions! I missed out taking pictures of a few of the pavilions though. ):



Chinese pavilion.


Norway pavilion.


Germany pavilion.


Italian pavilion.


We decided to stop at the Italian pavilion for lunch, cos pizza is one thing my whole family would agree on!


Two huge pizzas and a few sides was more than enough to fill our tummies. 




But there's always room for turkey leg!

At some point of time it really got too cold and wearing only a thin thermal and a knit top, I was practically freezing! Which also explains why I'm wearing my brother's jacket and my sis is wearing my dad's. We had thought Florida wouldn't be experiencing winter but I guess the weather is soooo unpredictable. During the night it was practically a single-digit degree weather, even though we had researched earlier that it would an air-con type of temperature around low 20s. ): We were so unprepared that I almost splurged on an ordinary hoodie that was priced at $60 SGD!! And this was the cheapest one I could find. When the sun went down, we resorted to running/ducking in and out of shops just to escape the cold.


Japanese pavilion.


Morocco pavilion.


France pavilion.




United Kingdom pavilion. This was probably one of my favorite besides the Italian pavilion cos it reminded me of the time I spent in Cambridge UK a few years ago!



And I got myself a Duffy bear!!! I haven't been to Japan but I've read that the Duffys there are mad expensive. And it's probably the cheapest in the States. Can't wait to bring my Duffy to Toyko Disneyland! And of course we are big fans of Phineas and Ferb, so we got ourselves some Perry the Platypus stuff as well.


Manatee named Lou. (:



There was also a huge aquarium in the theme park and we spent some time watching the dolphins and manatees. 


And as I left the park, I managed to capture the only picture I have of the icon of the park - the giant Epcot globe, while I was literally freezing to my bones.




Back in the cosy warm hotel, took some pictures of my buys that day. Love the pins! Have been crazy about them since I got a few in HK Disneyland.

Next post: Magic Kingdom!


No comments:

Post a Comment