Monday, April 15, 2013

Lawson Showcase

I knew about Lawson when I first heard them on the radio while driving, and I was like this band sounds pretty awesome, gotta go check them out! And once I searched Lawson on Youtube I was pretty much sold. Them boys are FINE! They look good and they sound good. So about two weeks ago I told my friends, "I wanna go see Lawson!!" and they were like WHO?! lol.

They were coming to Singapore for a concert but tickets could not be bought and you had to win them from radio stations etc. In the end, after a tweet spamming session I finally got a pair of passes from Universal Music! Since none of my friends knew who Lawson was I thought the best person to bring would be my sister Nicole, cos she is easily hype-able. Hah. I could train her to be a crazy fan.


Reached St. James Powerstation around 3 to 4pm. I came after my lecture and Nic and I took our time to eat lunch at Vivo knowing it'll be a small showcase (cos not everyone can get tickets). I'm not an avid concert-goer, but when I do want/get a chance to attend these things, I'll try to go as early as I can. 


Purposely stood at the right side of the stage because that's where Ryan Fletcher (bassist) always stands! (:



Ahhh so cute (: He's my favorite of the lot and Nic could straight away understand why! He's a badass with all his tattoos but at the same time he has the boyish charms with that face and blond hair. #fangirlmoment His girlfriend Stacey McClean is super gorgeous and she was a member of S Club Junior.




Damn unfortunate to stand behind this girl who kept her giant ass DSLR there most parts of the performance. I was enjoying the music (Nic was the one taking these pictures) and I really enjoyed the whole showcase save for these stupid teeny boopers who are busy trying to snap as many pictures as they can so they can upload it onto Facebook and Instagram and Twitter. The girls in front of me were literally doing that during the concert. Some were even trying to make collages and choosing filters for the pictures during.the.show. wtf.


Love this picture cos Ryan's face is like, why is your camera up in my face the whole time? lol




Love this moment shared by Andy and Ryan when they did the cover of Moves Like Jagger. teehhee

Oh, and most of Lawson's songs are about breakups. Andy why you so EMO! They didn't sing my favorite song though, which is Waterfall. But I was so glad to hear/see them live.(:


No comments:

Post a Comment